Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tribute #3

Before I begin this tribute, I would like to apologize to all the families in the tributes for being slightly creepy by finding pictures of your family to use in my posts. I figure you will all either get over it or ask me to take them down.

Here goes #3:

The Heyen Family


When I was at LTC this past spring, I saw some people waiting for an elevator and noticed that they were wearing a shirt from the church that I'm at this summer. By that time, I knew I was going to be an intern there so I asked them where they were from. When they answered "Houston" I got so excited and told them I was going to be their children's intern. By this point, we're in the elevator and it's kinda weird. But God works in crazy ways sometimes because it would end up that the family I introduced myself to in an elevator would be one of the families I became closest to in Houston. 

Where to even begin.
This family took me out for ice cream and let me pick the place (unfortunately for the boys).
They encouraged (sometimes forced) me to go to the Young Professionals class.
They advised me on boys.
They sat by me in church.
They took me out to eat.
At camp, the dad and 2nd daughter 
listened to me talk and talk and talk.
They took me to an Astros game.
2nd daughter taught me how to play a fantastic card game. 
(That I can now beat her at, I might add.)
The boys kept me laughing at camp.
Youngest son made me feel like a tolerable teacher on Wednesday nights when he would answer all my questions correctly. 
The mom fought with the mom from Tribute #4 
over which one got to be my surrogate mom for the summer.
They loved me as their own. 
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I wouldn't be able to say it enough. 


Photobucket

No comments: