Sunday, August 1, 2010

So Crafty

I'm going to have to ask you to ignore the plethora of pictures of myself. 

With the whole no camera thing, it's hard to get pictures of inanimate objects without at least part of my body in the picture. And I'm thinkin' you'd much rather see my face than my arms. 

Ok. Back to the crafting.

So I found book heaven today which will have to have an entire post of its own. 

The whole time I was there I was slightly ashamed because I knew full well that I was just looking for a book for aesthetic purposes. I was preparing to rip apart and, essentially, murder the book as soon as I got home. I think the cashier knew. She told me the particular book I picked for my project was "such a great find" and had "just come in the day before." 

Anyway. Here's the book. Perfect for an iPod case, right? I know that's exactly what you were thinking when you saw it. 

Sorry, Lawrence. I'm sure your autobiography would have been very interesting. But please rest knowing that the words of your life were put to good use. 

The first cut is the deepest.

Aaaaannnddd... the finished product!

It turned out pretty great, even if I do say so myself. 

Next project? 

Little sister gifts. 
I tend to get obsessed with them this time of year. 

AND. 
It didn't help that HobLob had both scrapbook paper AND ribbon on sale for 50% off today. 

I think they knew I was coming. 
And voila! A perfect earring holder. 
Little sis, get ready. You are going to greatly benefit from my boredom. 


Ok. Remember this? Well, I finished!
It didn't turn out too bad. 

(Of course. I didn't take a picture of it up and down or anything. Not that it's crooked. What would give you that idea?)

So now it's on to the next project:

A scarf. 
It's really a test scarf.
Future little sister, I may or may not have bought 2 skeins of Pi-colored yarn.
As soon as I get this purple scarf done, it's on to as many Pi scarves as I can make.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving your craftiness! Especially the earring holder. That's awesome!

I'm just dropping by from (in)courage and thought I would say hi. Good to meet you Karissa!