Saturday, August 14, 2010

Homeward Bound

Well, friends, I made it.

Tomorrow my mom and I leave to drive back to the great city of Edmond.

It's been a good, hard, interesting, long, full summer in Houston. Nothing like what I expected, but God often works like that.

Maybe because I'm overly emotional or maybe just for future reference's sake, I am now going to give a list of valuable lessons I learned this summer. Feel free to skip it; it's mostly for me.

So here they are (in no particular order):

1. The Lord is bigger than my problems. He always has been. He always will be.
2. Friends come and go, but the ones that really matter will stick close. And keep on loving you.
3. Life goes on with or without your consent, might as well enjoy it.
4. God likes it when you dream big. (And He's ready to jump in to make your dreams possible.)
5. There is life outside of Edmond, Oklahoma.
6. God is so faithful.
7. I am called to so much more than simply avoiding moral catastrophe.
8. The Lord is who defines my worth.
9. I can't control the things other people do or don't do, so there's no use worrying about it.
10. God has big plans that I will probably never fully understand.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Melanie said...

LOVE your list! Smart girl! Thanks for sharing. I needed these reminders tonight.

in His precious, unfailing love,
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~