Monday, November 2, 2009

This morning as I was getting ready to teach a classroom of 4th graders how to tell the difference between woodwinds and strings, I started thinking about encouraging people. And being God to people. And putting God first.

My first thought was, "How in the world am I going to do that on top of everything else?"

I could go on for days with everything I have to do this week. As I'm sure most of you know, I'm a little bit of an over-committer. Or maybe a lot of an over-committer. And of course this week is Homecoming and of course I'm in committees for both my club and the school in general. Of course, of course, of course.

But as I thought more on the subject, why would I have to "put God first" on top of everything else? That makes absolutely no sense. When God is asking me to make my life a living sacrifice, He's not asking me to do it after I've done everything else on my plate. He's asking me to do it first. To put Him first, to put His plan first, to put everything He wants for me first. Not last. Not as a last resort. And that's what I do pretty much all of the time.

This should change. It needs to change. But where do I even start?
Photobucket

No comments: