Thursday, January 7, 2010

Grocery Store Paradise

Growing up (for the most part) in Arlington had its perks. Six Flags was a huge deal in the junior high stage of development. And of course Hurricane Harbor, the Rangers, Dallas, and Fort Worth. But one of my favorite parts about living in Arlington was this little bit of bliss.


Central Market. Just 15-20 minutes away. I've spent several New Year's Eve dinners here and I think my senior homecoming. I could go on and on and on about this place. They have a cheese aisle. More like a cheese room. And this is not your ordinary Wal-Mart cheese aisle. Oooooohhhh no. They make tortillas fresh every day. Well they make all their breads fresh every day. And then they have this really cool cafe place where you can buy food to eat there. In the summer/fall they have live music every weekend. Oh man oh man oh man. I love this place.

So here in lovely Edmond, there's not really anything that comes close to this. I mean, Homeland and Crest are alright, but not like this. Not at all like this. My family and I frequently talk about how much we miss Central Market. Frequently.

So imagine my delight when I find out that this summer I will be working 10 minutes from this:


Yes, sir! Central Market Houston. Excited might be a bit of an understatement. I can taste the quesadilla wraps now.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Summer said...

we had one right by us in dallas. gelato. that's all i'm sayin'.