Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

... Make that a loaded down Santa Fe. The day is finally here. Tomorrow I will leave for my summer in Houston. I am feeling so many things right now:

Excited
Scared
Nervous
Sad
Prepared
Unprepared
But mostly READY

For those of you who do not know, this will be my first summer away. My parents (inadvertently) followed me to college, so, thus far, the longest I have ever been away from them was 6 weeks last summer when I went to Germany. That's slightly different because I was with people I knew and I was in a foreign country. In some ways, MUCH scarier, but in some ways MUCH easier. 

I do not know anyone in Houston. I do not know anyone in the church where I will be working. I've only been to Houston once and all I saw was the church building and the hotel room. 

It's just so much unknown. 

But thank goodness I serve a God that is even Lord of the Unknown. 

So while I may have cried tonight when I said goodbye to my friends. And I might cry tomorrow when I say goodbye to my parents. And I will probably even cry when I pull out of Arlington. I'm ready. I'm ready to see what God has in store for me. I'm ready to let God use me this summer. I'm just ready to see him work. And to fall in love with some babies. I do love babies. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Cara Linn said...

I have a really great friend that is interning in Houston, too. You should meet her and you can be Houston buddies!