Monday, December 15, 2008

Eleven Years Already

I was an only child for 8.5 years. Looking back there were parts I absolutely loved about it. But the distinct thing I remember was wishing for a sibling the majority of the time. I had this doll that I carried around everywhere who I conveniently named Brother. I actually remember wishing on a star one night that he would be real so I could have a sibling. Pathetic? Maybe just desperate.

Anyway, eleven years ago tomorrow (well today if you're reading this on the 16th) my sister was born. I remember when my parents told me they were pregnant with her. I remember them picking out a name. I remember the day she was born. I remember holding her for the first time. She is absolutely amazing and is turning into a thoughtful, beautiful woman. Woman! Ack. That is beyond scary. But here are a couple pictures from the birthday dinner we had for her tonight.

The women of the house. Mom, me, Karenna, Pepper.

Like I said, beautiful.

The pink tree she wanted for her birthday for her room.

The gift we wrapped for her. Haha. She thought we got her the wrong pink tree. She was less than thrilled.

I love her so incredibly much!!!

2 comments:

Gena said...

I'm so glad you're back. I've been going through withdrawals.

Ledbetter Fam said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! She is so big! I miss you guys so much!!!!!!

JB