Friday, September 19, 2008

Two Weeks Notice

Disclaimer for Kari (Is that how you spell your name???): I really wanted to tell you in person first, but hadn't told Jenny last night when I saw you. Hopefully I'll see you before you read this so I can tell you myself. But if not, I love you!!! 


I told my manager last night that I'm only working for two more weeks. This was such a hard decision because I absolutely LOVE my job and would probably do it even if I didn't get paid. I adore all the people I work with and they're some of my best friends. But I've just become completely overwhelmed. I'm taking 17 hours, and teaching piano lessons, and rushing, and teaching a Bible class, and I'm going to be a small group leader. And the list goes on and on. Starbucks was the easiest thing to drop. Ah. And I'm going to miss it so much!!! Last night as I was working and my regulars kept coming in, I kept getting more and more sad. But I know this is a good decision and the Lord has given me such peace about it. I'm probably going to have to get over my caffeine addiction now that it won't be at my disposal 24/7. 

1 comment:

The Lj's said...

I am sad to see you go but understand how life can get too busy... hopefully you will make it to the other side of campus occasionally to see us! We will miss you!

Kari