Sunday, September 12, 2010

Encouragement

About a year ago, maybe a little less, I stumbled on this great site called (in)courage (as seen on the linky thing on the right). I actually think one of my best friends introduced it to me.

Anyway, today is the National Day of Encouragement and I signed up through (in)courage to get 10 free cards to use today and in return to blog about how I used them.

For some reason, encouraging strangers comes easily to me. It's seems to take no effort to tell a teacher or public speaker they did a great job. Or to go out of my way to comfort the girl crying in the bathroom I've never met before. What is difficult for me is encouraging my friends.

I can't describe it and maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I see it as a big problem. The Lord has blessed me with absolutely amazing friends that support me in so much and I let so many days go by without telling them how much they mean to me.

So today I used my cards to encourage some of my closest friends. One that is doing a fantastic job in a ministry that doesn't get much thanks. Another that life just has not been fair to recently. A best friend who I don't tell enough how much she means to me. You get the picture.

Maybe this whole thing will help me outwardly appreciate my friends more. On those horrible days, and even on those just not perfect days, they need to hear it just as much as I do.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up just as in fact you are doing." I Thessalonians 5:11
Photobucket

No comments: