Friday, August 22, 2008

World's Biggest Student Garage Sale

"And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common; and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need." Acts 2:45

This summer we have been studying Acts in the college class. Jeff is so passionate about the poor and it is just contagious. As we've been studying, the Lord has really put on my heart the need to live this out. I really believe that the love of stuff is such a strong temptation put forth by the enemy. I see its fruits everywhere and it breaks my heart to know that those who proclaim love for the Lord (myself DEFINITELY included) are falling into this horribly dangerous pit. So, one Saturday this September, there is going to be a garage sale. Everything will be donated from college students, children, adults, basically just people who love God. Every penny made at this sale will be going to the City Rescue Mission. Every penny. Nothing will be spent on supplies or on college class funds. Everything will be going to the poor. The Lord has put this on my heart and I know that He is going to bless it and use it for His glory.

I'm asking for two things in this post. The most important is for your prayers. The Lord hears when His children pray and He has answered SO many of my prayers in the past year. I beg you to pray for this that God may use this sale to show our community our love for them and our God. And that God will use this to cleanse us and remind us that our love for Him should far out-weigh our love of stuff. I'm also asking for your property and possessions. If any of you has things to donate, that would be absolutely amazing. We're looking for everything. Old stuff, new stuff, used and battered stuff, and stuff in really great condition. Whatever the Lord puts on your heart to give would be wonderful.

I know this was kinda a long post. Sorry. It's just something I'm incredibly passionate about right now. The Lord is so amazing and deserves all the glory!!

No comments: